Wednesday, April 01, 2009

eHomemakers

At a spur of a moment, I joined the ehomakers as a member recently. I received their first newsletter for 2009 yesterday which was informative. I just wanted to discover the various opportunities available working from home.

After all, because of work, I cannot be leaving home at 6.30 and coming back at 7.30pm and traveling by public transport for the rest of my life. Eventually I was to find something closely to home so that I do not spend half my time of the day traveling.

March was an interesting month. Lastly year during my birthday I was arriving from New Delhi and this year on my birthday, the whole family was on our way back from Cherating after a short holiday. Because of the heat, I had bad stomach pain in the morning then as we reached home after several hours of traveling, I came down with a severe headache. What a way to celebrate a birthday…ha..ha. But still I had lots of presents and well wishes from so many good souls…to me these are priceless.

And now I have been suffering from a bad cough since last week, of course it is much better but still I have been missing a lot of sleep. Even with this cough I was able to take part in a speech contest but was unlucky as I did not win any awards. This is the first time actually I have entered the final round and did not win anything. It was definitely a disappointment.

I am currently reading the book The White Tiger by Aravind Adiga which was given to me as a birthday present. I am really quite pleased with myself as I have been able to read a number of books lately. I also have several books I have not read yet.

No comments: