Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Relay for Life KL 2009 Advertisement on Astro

I have been receiving calls and sms text messages from friends from last week. My new found fame is because I am appearing on the NCSM’s Relay for Life 2009 advertisement on ASTRO. Even my parents have been receiving calls from friends after they had watched the advertisement. Wow! My instance found fame. Ha..Ha!

I want share one sms text message I received from my good friend who is in Johor that made me totally exhilarated. After I thanked her for her well wishes, she texted me this message:
“M truly happy 4u. U made me feel so so +ve. Kp it up fren seing u on tv made my day. No it is I should shld TQ u”.

Many a times, I have asked myself, when many cancer survivors keep their cancer a secret and not speak about it at all, why must I go around advertising myself I a cancer survivor. When I read that wonderful message sent by my dear friend, I feel truly justified in doing so with conviction.

Thanks a lot to all my friends who have always been very supportive of me. Right now I feel very good about myslef. Cancer has made me appear on TV which I would not have dreamt off.
Last week too, I took my mother for her mammography and ultrasound. She is fine. At the same time I also registered both of us for Relay for Life KL 2009.

1 comment:

Daria said...

Thank you for stopping by and leaving kind words of encouragement ... I really appreciate it.

You appear to be a very busy lady ... isn't that wonderful.

I think spreading the word about cancer is a good thing.