Sunday, January 14, 2007

I Lost Weight

I went for my usual medical check- up last Wednesday and bummed into my friend Pat. She came for her check- up too. The first thing she said to me was besides asking how my mother was, “…you have lost weight. Is it because you are taking care of your mother?”

I laughed and told her that is was my tai chi exercise that has made me loose weight! She was surprised. I also told her my mother was fine.

Yes, that is right, I have lost a bit of weight and I contribute it to my tai chi work outs. I endeavor to go at least 2 days during the week days and if I have the time I do a bit of brisk walking during the weekend. I started to join the tai chi group in August last year. Looks like it is slowly working on stubborn fat of years old!

My mother is recovering quite well. Of course she of and on complains of pain, numbness and discomfort. She then has this worried look on her face. I would immediately assure her it is all due to the surgery and will be alright when it heals. I also had to look at her surgical scar to assure her that it would look like mine when it heals in a couple of months’ time. It is so funny actually to have both daughter and mother comparing notes on a matter like this.

For the life of me i can't seem to remember the type of pain or feeling i had. It has only been less than 2 years and i cannot remember....it must be the chemo brain!

Anyway i hope to continue to keeping in shape with tai chi and hope to see better results soon!

1 comment:

HCI said...

Valli, good to know about you losing weight. Keep it up