Thursday, June 21, 2007

Half Year Clean Up


I was down with fever 2 weeks ago. In fact during that time most of my family members were having flu or fever. The whole house was a “sickly” zone! I had the fever for 4 days and I did a blood test for dengue. Well lucky after the blood test, the fever suddenly disappeared and the results showed it was not dengue. After that episode, I am struck with a bad chest cough. Although it is much better now, but I am still coughing off and on. Since this is June, I joked to my friends that is the half year clean up of the body system….ha!....ha!

So really I have not been in the best of moods lately. I have not been going for my tai chi exercise for the past 2 weeks nor have I done any other form of exercise. I feel like a couch potato. I even missed my toastmasters meeting last week.

Early this week a friend of mine whose is a fellow breast cancer survivor called to have a chat. She too has not been well, with a constant blister on her tongue. The doctors that she saw told her not to worry however recommended her to do a biopsy. She is so afraid of doing one…I can understand the feeling. It was both of us pouring out our fears and worries about this and that. Even the smallest health conditions will create a fear in us.

In the midst of swallowing antibiotics, I ever forgot to take my tamaxifon. Funny really…I have been taken it for more than a year now every day, and there are times I forget to take it. Then I worry if missing to take the tablet will bring about other problems.

Well…worry or fear…life goes on!

No comments: