Thursday, September 20, 2007

Vegetarian for a month.

I am vegetarian for a month of Purattasi (tamil calendar month) which started on 18 September 2007 and will end on mid of October 2007. This month is considered a very auspicious month by the Tamilians and special prayers are offered to Lord Venketeswara.

All of us in the family are vegetarians and stick to strict vegetarian diets. We not even consumer any food that has traces of egg.

Special prayers are held on Saturdays at home and after the prayer we all have a authentic
meal served on banana leave.

Although on vegetarian diet, I have never lost weight during this month…because I am hungry often and end up munching a lot.

That is why I went on Sunday to the Pasar Ramadan in my neighbourhood and indulged on variety of traditional malay delicious. This included my all time favourite chicken satay and popiah basah among other things. The food looked oily but what the heck it has been some time I had all these items.

I don’t know about other survivors but I think I am loosing control of my so called planned diet of less sugar, fat and oil. I admire those who have cut down on these and have the discipline to follow their strict diet. I have not been taking my fruit + vegetarians juices.

Sometime I reminder myself about the diet sometimes I tell myself what the heck!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! you're really really enjoying ... I'm happy

HCI said...

Valli, sometime telling others on the good diet also help us to return home and stick to it. Well, once a while, I still say the same "what the heck!"

selvin said...

hi valli thanks for the word of encouragement from the guru....I am also vegetarian for this month..going to chennai for the show in October..then to tiruvannamalai for a retreat with kids...wish me luck

selvi