Monday, November 12, 2007

Deepavali

I had a few visitors today,
Peace came, brimming with gay
Wealth came, saying “good day!”
Health came, saying “an apple a day keeps the doctor away!”
Joy came, singing “oh happy day”
All asked for a permanent place to stay,
So I gave them your address without delay.
And directions so they don’t go astray
They should be at your doorstep sometime today!
Happy Deepavali!!!

That is one of the best Deepavali greetings via sms I received on Deepavali day. I had a good celebration with loved ones and a good rest too!

We indulged in good food and Indian palagarams including a lot of Indian sweetmeats.

As I read my posting last year on Deepavali, I realized that I had written that I will throw a party and invite friends. Well as we have to be economical, I completely forgot the idea until I read my blog. Maybe next year..ha…ha!

We have two maids (our own and brother’s), so the bulk of cleaning up was taken care off…Whew! What a relief! That is why all of us did not feel that tired on Deepavali. I was really lazy this year so I did not take any snapshots to post on the blog.

Since I had time, I decided to join my friends for hospital visit over the weekend. I had not done so for the past two years and definitely it was a bit strange going back as a volunteer.

I will be going to Medan, Indonesia to attend the District 51 Toastmasters Convention this Friday and will be away for a week. Really looking forward for this trip!

Then once I get back, the family will be getting ready for my youngest brother’s wedding on 13th December.

Lots of celebration to look forward to at the end of the year.
Lite a lamp of life and let it reflect deep inside your soul.
In life’s journey million of tales will be told,
Some happy, like yours & mine
This Deepavali I pray to god that u see beyond this life,
Beyond time & space to feel happy & feel your heart with love.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Blogger,

Happy Deepavali & have a plesant trip to Indonesia. Wish you all the best.

Best Regards

Anonymous said...

Hello,

I'm Liana, a final year student from Multimedia University. For my Final Year Project and Thesis, I have chosen Breast Cancer Awareness as my subject matter. I found your blog and it's an amazing read, from your perspective. I was hoping you could help me with the research process as someone who has experienced it all. I hope you would help me.

Smiles,
Liana.

selvin said...

dear valli
glad yuu had a good celebrtion... medan sound good, have a great time..come home rejuvenated...
take care
selvi

NK Valli said...

Hi Anonymous

Thank you for your best wishes.


Hi Liana

That is really great the blog is of help to you. You may contact me at nkvalli@gmail.com

I wish you all the best in your preparation for your thesis.

NK Valli said...

Thanks Selvi

Will catch up when i am back.

Ram said...

Your site is encouraging. Do you know any source of publications in tamil on breast cancer which I want to pass on to my sister-in-law.