Thursday, January 31, 2008

Lost a good friend

I lost a good friend today. He died of a heart attack in his sleep. According to his family, he complained of chest pain earlier but did not seek medical treatment. He worked long hours and smoked heavily.

I was so utterly shocked when I heard the news. Only last weekend I had just smsed him wishing him a happy birthday as he turned 52 and he had called me to thank me. Every since i heard the news i have been so upset. And now I have just returned from his home after having paid him my last respect.

I have only known him for about 2 years and in that span of time I have experienced so wonderful memories and encountered new exposures in life. I will always be thankful for that.

This just goes to show how fragile life is and we may not open of eyes no to see the next day. Life should be cherished and valued. It is also important to be surrounded by loved ones.

May his soul rest in peace.

No comments: