Monday, July 14, 2008

Bad chest cough

I have been down with a bad chest cough with thick phlegm for the past few weeks. What started of as a bad sore throat lead to more cough and sleepless nights. I have visited the doctors 3 times and stuffed myself with cough syrup to antibiotics. I also started taking some Indian traditional medicine.

Of course, now I am much better as the cough has reduced. During this duration, I also lost 2 kg in weight because of the coughs at night which interrupted my precious sleep…what away to loose weight...ha...ha!

Due to my job assignments, I also had to travel to deliver presentations in other towns. In fact during the presentations, I would just cough and then carry on with delivery. Luckily during these times some how my coughs knew how not to disturb me too much!

I went for foot reflexology over the weekend and was told that my shoulder muscles are all stiff at the back and on my shoulders. Of courselah…my muscles are stiff as I had to use 2 pillows to sleep to reduce the bout of coughs!

On Sunday, I met the lady who sells clothes at the morning market near my house. I was really glad to see her as I have not seen her after she had finished her treatment for breast cancer. I asked her how she was and she replied by saying that since she is back in business means she is okay.

Then as I was looking at some of the clothes in her stall, I overheard her saying that she is selling her clothes at a cheap sale as she need money to pay for her treatment.

Yap it is not only her health she must be concerned about but other matters including finance.

3 comments:

Vikram Christopher said...

Glad you're feeling much better now. Did my mom send you the pics?

Mullai

NK Valli said...

Hi Mullai

You mom said she will sent them soon.

Valli

Unknown said...

Take care Valli, hope you are getting better