Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Leave me alone

I have been worried sick for the last few weeks as I had experience some pain and throbbing sensation on the area where I had the surgery. Of course all horrid thoughts were running in my head including whether I was also having problem with my heart! It was also a coincidence that during this time I was due for a six month’s once ultrasound examination on my right breast and breast clinic check up.

I had my ultrasound on 1 Aug and followed by the check up last Wednesday. During the ultrasound, as usual the radiologist had to wait for the chief radiologist to confirm that everything was fine on my right breast. As the examination took some time, I completely forgot to tell them about the pain on my left side and decided to speak with Prof. Yip my surgeon with whom I had an appointment the following Wednesday.

Prof. Yip assured me that the pain and the discomforting sensation are normal to be experienced by a survivor even after few years of surgery. I was really happy to hear that and left her room smiling from ear to ear.

Nowadays, I am in one of these moods of “leave me alone”! I was asked to give an interview for a leading women’s magazine for the October issue. I just declined and told them to look for other cancer survivors. I was told that sometimes it is difficult to find cancer survivors who want to be interviewed. I just admire survivors who can always appear in the media and in public and talk about their experiences.

No comments: