Monday, August 04, 2008

Falling on the tracks

I finished my traveling trips nationwide and the last training was held in Kota Kinabalu. It has been an interesting project and I would miss the traveling.

I came back home and received some sad news. My fellow survivor and blogger Raden Galoh has developed a recurrence and is undergoing treatment. I also found out another young fellow survivor and active volunteer is also going through treatment for recurrence.

It is not really easy when you hear friends you know developing recurrence. They are in my prayers for a good recovery.

I have started tai chi workouts which I have skipped for the past 4 months due to the traveling. Many of the ladies wanted to know the reason for me for not attending the workouts for such a long time but were glad to see me in their midst.

A month ago while I was waiting at KL Sentral to take the commuter train home after work, I heard a loud thud. Suddenly, the crowd including me saw a girl lying on the railway track. Some men nearby, quickly jumped down from the platform and picked her up. She must have slipped while standing at the edge of the platform, busy “smsing” as she was still holding on to her handphone when she fell. Luckily during that rush hour the trains were delayed on that day. I have taken the train for over a decade now but this is the first time I have witnessed something like this. Hope the girl did not have committing suicide in mind. She may have suffered some slight injuries, as her neck and head had hit the tracks. How fragile life is and how carelessly some people can meet with accidents and that too because of a handphone.

No comments: