Monday, February 23, 2009

Cooking, Reading & Crochet

My colleague Aishah handed me the food magazine BestFoodJunction.com special issue. Her blog posting on Honey & Mustard Roasted Chicken has been published on page 33 of the magazine. I told Aishah that she should be proud of herself for the magazine to publish her recipe. Though I have not had the opportunity to try her recipe, I am sure it will be delicious as she is a creative and passionate cook.

Aishah starting blogging first then only I followed her foot steps. Wishing her all the best in her exploration and inventing her own signature dishes.

What have I been since the last time I blogged…well on Valentine’s day I turned 4 as a cancer survivor. Hip.. hip.. hurray?

I had my mammography and ultrasound done last week and the reports were fine. While waiting for my turn at the Radiology Dept, I met a few ladies, some cancer survivors. As usual some of them whan to share their experience of their friends having passed away of reoccurrence and I tried to divert the topic on other issues. That is why at times I try to take something to read but alas end up not being able to concentrate. This time around I did not take anything to read.

I am now into crocheting and reading books fiction and non fiction.

The list of novel I completed over the few months include; The Last Lecture, The Alchemist and The Interpreter of Maladies. I am going to complete reading The Unaccustomed Earth. I would recommend these books as they are good.

As for crochet, I have become suddenly passionate about it. I have done a couple of items. They are pocket tissue holders, fridge holder, coin purse and book marks. I am now working on a book cover. This time around I just use my creative juices to come up with the patterns (of course after browsing through the internet). I must say the items came out quite well. I was told to consider crochet and sell the items like tissue holder. But ney…i may even loose interest if I am pressure to produce things. I do not have a camera right now and need purchase to purchase one. Then I will be able to post pictures of what I have done. My personal achievement in the world of crochet..ha..ha!

1 comment:

esahkek said...

You Go Girl!!!