Friday, February 06, 2009

Thaipusam

Thaipusam is on 8 February this year, which is coming Sunday.

I fulfilled my vow of carrying the paal kodum (milk pot) climbing the 272 steps this morning. I know I am going to come down with a flu soon as the symptoms are there but prayed that I will able to complete my vow before Thaipusam. So I applied for leave from work and completed my mission. thanking Lord Murugan for another year.

During the 2005 Thaipusam, I had severe pain on my left breast as I was walking behind the chariot of Lord Murugan to Batu Caves. The next day I went to see my doctor and then on got all my tests done which I then discovered, I had breast cancer. So I am ever grateful to Lord Murugan.

Unlike last year, I did not feel pain on my right shoulder while carrying the paal kodum. Though as usual my legs were aching when I came down the hill. To get myself prepared I am a vegetarian since January 14th. As I have not been going for Tai chi or frequently going for my walks, I was quite anxious that I do not get any muscle pulls on my legs while climbing the hill.

I am so happy, everything went well. Thank you Lord Murugan for the year past and many more happy years ahead. Vel..Vel..Vel

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on fulfilling your vow! Have a great year!