Thursday, August 05, 2010

The reflexologist

Today was my mother's six month check up with Prof Yip. The good Prof said my mother was fine and we with her for less than 10 minutes. There were may ladies waiting to see her. Unlike other times, i could not pick a conversation with anyone as both of us were seated at a corner...ha..ha!



Yesterday was a day that proved to be a motivating. I go this reflexology centre at least once a month. And yesterday I went to the reflexologist and as i was having a conversation i found out about his wife. Firstly he is blind and his second son is a slow learner which i knew earlier. What i found out yesterday made me feel really proud of having known him. He told me that his wife developed a mental disorder 5 years ago. So she is under strong medication and he is always watchful of her as anything can trigger her mood swings. He seem to know alot and i found out he is also well read on this topic. He has always appeared to be cheerful and talkative. So with all these challenges he can smile at life.



Many people these days, have actually got many of their perceptions in life wrong. To me yesterday the reflexologist amazed me and motivated me to meet challenges ahead with determination and confidence in this journey of ongoing of adventure.

No comments: