Sunday, August 01, 2010

These couple of months

I am back after some break. It not that i did not want to do any posting but suddenly over the view months since my last posting i have become some what very busy.

Many of my blog visitors who i have recently meet as me why i have not blog recently and ere are some of the questions asked by them:

Have you got a job and gone back to the corporate world?
No i have not got a job. I am now a risk management consultant working from home dealing in various financial and estate planing products. I am slowly but surely getting a grip of this new adventure that i have taken on. It has been slow but i am learning about new skills especially dealing with people and getting to know about the outside world especially when i meet people from all walks of life. The first few months were not easy after years of working in an office environment to suddenly being in a home environment. Many who know me to come from a legal background are at first surprised and when they hear what i have gone through they understand....and say you had guts! Ha...ha!

Has it been easy doing something totally new to sustain one self?
Well it has been a challenge but it is something new and give me the excitement to do something new. Initially i have to cut my corner and live within my means.

What has happened to the issue with your previous company?
I can now proudly reveal that i had taken the matter to industrial relation dept and the matter did not get settled there. So i am now progressing with the next course of action. I am lucky that i met the right set of people to give me good advise in dealing with this matter.

So now you must have lots of free time?
Since July 2010 i have been elected the Division C Governor for District 51, Toastmasters International with 33 clubs under me. So i have been really busy visiting clubs , attending installation ceremonies and being judge for speech contests. Toastmasters has always given me the self confidence and self esteem over the years and it will continue to push me to greater heights. It is an atmosphere surrounded by warmth, positive energy and people that appreciate you. As toastmasters is a non profit organisation, our contribution is on a voluntary basis.

How is your health now?
My high blood pressure is much under control now that i am not in an office environment..ha..ha!

Well the above are a few common questions asked.

During this few months, i am also very sad that my fellow blogger Dalilah passed away as she lost her battle with cancer. She was a very gusty and couragerous lady. May her soul rest in peace. I had been caught up in my own world and had not been following her blog for some time. So it was total shocked to me when i received the news.

Two weeks ago i volunteered to be an emce for the IEM Family Day. It was the first time, for me to be an emcee for a family day and I enjoyed it tremendously. At one of the booths, i was asked to donate blood. When i told them i cannot, they wanted to know why. I told them i am breast cancer survivor. Oop! They just looked at me speechless!..Ha..ha!




3 comments:

Unknown said...

good 4 u valli, excitement is good, stress is bad...

Anonymous said...

Hope none of them dislocated their jaws when you told them that! =D

pat said...

Great to have you back blogging again!