Monday, October 30, 2006

Love My Life. BSE, I have it!

Early this month, I shared my experience as a cancer survivor at the Pink October Campaign with the theme “Love My Life- BSE, I Have It” by Malaysian lingerie brand Xixili. The BSE Awareness campaign was held at Xixili Boutique at 1 Utama Shopping Complex.

I had a small crowd of 20 people this time around but amazingly the audience were interactive. I had lots of questions asked about breast cancer and after the talk I had ladies come up to ask about menopausal issues!

Xixili has introduced the BSE calendar cards as reminder to women to conduct monthly self-examinations.


Presentation Corner in the Boutique

A unique experience of presentation among sexy mannequins and ladies lingerie! Some shoppers were coming in and going out during presentation oblivious to what was going on. Some came in but shied away quickly thinking they may have to buy something.



Xixili Boutique

Xixili Boutique decorated with pink ballon in a heart shape. There was also booths outside the Botique with free trials on breast dummy to discover and how to check and detect breast lump. Talks on breast health were also presentated by other speakers




Below are two photos taking on the tropical rainforest at 1 Utama. I must admit I truly admired the lush greenery with many species of flora and fauna. It was a good ambience of having a forest and colourful fishes amidst cafes and restaurants.


Rainforest at 1 Utama Shopping Complex

2 comments:

selvin said...

dear valli
sooooo... glad you have turned things around..happy deepavalli..you make simple things that we usually take granted come out in the forefront of our minds...thanks for reminding me
Happy Deepavalli to you & family too

Unknown said...

Dear NKV,
Great news then! It's a great feeling too right?