Saturday, February 17, 2007

2-Year Survivor-Valentine’s Day

As everyone celebrated Valentine Day, I too celebrated it for the love of life. Two years ago I has my mastectomy done on Valentine’s Day.

Last year I came down with flu so could not do anything and was on medical leave at home.

This year was different…not that I had a romantic candle light dinner…ha…ha!
My colleagues and I celebrated the day by going to MacDonalds. Fastfood…a no..no but then I just felt like it.

After work, I had toastmasters' meeting and so I had lots of laughter and had valentine chocolates. My mentor gave me a valentine’s gift. As the meeting finished and I was about to leave, a relatively new member came up to me and gave me a "sweet" gift and told me how I have inspired her so much. She remembered about my mastectomy as she had read it on my blog.

I was extremely touched by their gestures. It was a happy finished to a day for love...of many things...including friendship.

I can now declare myself a two-year-old cancer survivor.

2 comments:

HCI said...

Mastectomy on Valentine! Good way to remember; and many more sweet Valentine to you.

Unknown said...

Valli,
Happy Belated 2-year-survivor-valentine's day then...thanks for all the calls...