Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Hot Flashes

Lately I have been experiencing frequent hot flashes, it is like my ears are on fire! I remember two weeks ago I was giving a work related presentation to a large group of consultants and suddenly had my ears “burning sensation” to deal with. These attacks do not last long just a couple of minutes.

I do not experience other symptoms of hot flush like headaches or sweating….only my ears more so my right ear being on fire! Sometimes I do not get them at all but recently it has become frequent. Taking tamoxifen could contribute to this.

I really do not have the time to sit and analysis what triggers them. Is it my diet, stress,weather or excitement…ha…ha!

Besides hot flashes I do get tired easily too. Well I just have to manage all these and get on with life.

I received a call from thirties fellow survivor who had cancer a few months earlier than I did , told me her mother in her late fifthties has been recently diagnosed to have breast cancer. Luckily it is still in the early stage and she only had surgery and did not have to go through the other treatments.

Looks like more mothers are getting breast cancer after their daughters already had them earlier. With recent times..looks like, breast cancer skips a generation first, and then visits later.

Recently I had an opportunity to met up with my friend and her family in Johor Baru. It was good seeing her after 3 years. Over dinner, she told her son that she knows me longer than his dad. Yap! Our friendship goes back decades. It is really great to catch of with friends and their families to see their progression over the years.

Yesterday I visited my gynecology for my regular check up and had a rude shock when receiving the bill. My God! Everything has gone up including consultation fees!

No comments: