Thursday, May 25, 2006

I'm so tired...Fatigue After Breast Cancer Treatment

I really feel exhausted very often. As the end of the week approaches, I practically have to drag myself to work. During weekends, I just want to hibernate at home. I even go to bed much earlier than I use to.

I have often read that fatigue related to breast cancer treatment can go on for year. But how long it takes to recovery………god only know!

Sometimes I just want to stay at home and do nothing. I not want to attend social gathering or even meet my friends for a cup of tea nor do I want to attend my toastmasters meetings. When I get to this stage I do a memory check on how many months it has been since the completion of chemotherapy and radiotherapy. Oh my… 9 months have passed. I still feel tired and it gets in away of having a good day sometimes.

People do not understand that we cannot be expected to spring back right away into action, although we look healthy.

So to get around my fatigue I now privatize my activities and say NO to others!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's good NK...you must say NO..think about your health first before you want to do something else....HEALTH must come first...and dont bother what people going to say about you....if you are HEALTHY...you always be HAPPY...and dont forget that...WE LOVE AND CARE ABOUT YOU...SMILE AND ALWAYS SMILE...

Anonymous said...

By all means prioritise. Main priority is NUMERO UNO.