Thursday, June 01, 2006

Satay For Dinner. Charred Food?

Yesterday for dinner, I could not refrain myself from eating chicken satay( slices of meat on bamboo skewers, which are grilled on charcoal fire). I use to crave for it often, eating drowned with kuah kacang (peanuat gravy).

After breast cancer, I have been told by may well wishes that I should not take charred/ grilled or food which is barbequed as it contains carcinogenic particles.

A quick search on the internet on this issue and this phrase often appeared “.....some evidence that large amount of charred food may cause cancer, the evidence is not conclusive.....”.

So yesterday, I peeled off the charred portion of the meat an enjoyed the balance of, dipping in the peanut gravy. YUMMY!

Anyway it not often that I indulge myself like this. Life has to go on, food has to be enjoyed.

And guess what!After all this I had fish burger for lunch. Ah….Ah……AH!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I did not even know that you are enjoy eating satay...with peanuts gravy...wow!! looks so delicious...I likes it very much....I did hear too about satay can couse you to cancer...but Im still carefully and not take it to much...by the way...that is our malaysian foods...we must enjoy it...what malay said "selagi hayat di kandung badan" dont forget to enjoy our foods...and foods for life...hehehe...