Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Juices and Rabbit Food!

I have been snacking on “rabbit food” when I am in the office. Yap…that is what my colleagues call the slices of cucumber, carrot, capsicum, celery, lettuce and tomatoes that I eat in the office.

I have been reminded to have a balance diet and to drink a lot of juices. That is why when I got back to office after recovering from breast cancer, I started eating fresh vegetables and more variety of fruits daily.

At the beginning, I was very diligent and use eat them every other day in the office and drink the juices when at home over the weekend. Then after few months of eating capsicum, it aggravated my heartburn. So now I do not eat them so often. I also had to visit the dentist because some of the fillings in the teeth came out! This is due to eating some of the rabbit food raw, which is of hard texture. Then…. I became lazy. I did not eat my rabbit food that often nor did I make the juices over the weekend

Every time I skipped eating my rabbit food or drinking my juices, I got worried. I felt I am losing on the antioxidant, vitamins, minerals, live enzymes and other important elements. Then what some breast cancer survivors told me some time ago flashes across me…"I always take juices everyday before leaving for work"…..

I finally brought a new juicer to office this week after procrastinating for so long. Since I come very early to work I decided I might as well use the time to make my vegetable or fruit juices instead of reading the newspapers. I do not have to eat them raw but can juice and gulp them. It is so easy but then, there is the cleaning up to do. YOU CAN’T HAVE YOUR CAKE AND EAT IT!

1 comment:

HCI said...

Hi NKV, first time I came across cancer survivor's blog from Malaysia.

I am on adriamycin, taxotere, cyclophosphamide regime, pretty toxic.

Now second week of 2nd cycle, moving about actively and eating all the outside food. As people say, doctors are worse patients, break all the pantang that we adviced patient.

However how we feel should be an indicator. I am feeling fantastic, thus i guess my immune system is alright.

Your fatigue, try ganoderma, if you want consultation with the person , Jane 016-3312000. I think much of my energy came from 7 pairs of gano capsule with i drink of 3 in 1 at breakfast or lunch (I only took on 5th day after each chemo, don't want them to interfere with chemo though from lit search, there is no adverse effect with chemo). Or maybe, I am pretty strong above the shoulders.

Take care,

Has