Wednesday, April 04, 2007

A Small Celebration

We had a small celebration 2 weeks ago. It was the ear piercing ceremony for my 3 months nephew Theenesh and a small celebration of my father's birthday. After all it has been some time that we had merriment after all the life's adventures we experienced in recent months.

My relatives and close family members graced the occasion. Of course my father wanted the celebration to be a surprise so only close family members know about it.

Food was prepared by the The Big Rajah Caterer where my cousin works. As usual the food tantalized everyone’s taste buds. We also had instantly cooked kuey tow for the vegetarians. Guests indulged in ice kacang, which was great for a hot night.We also had lamb chop...my favourite...but then i only took one piece this time around. Regretted it later, should have taken one more...he...he!


I too showed my creative talent that night. Since I have my own garden with flower plants, I decided to use them. I took small bowls, filled them with water, put some coloured flowers and put tea lights into them. I wanted to have green colour too…guess what I did…I plucked some curry leaves from the garden and added the dark green into the array of coloured flowers. Ha…ha…that’s my creative juices working.When everyone is showing off their inner talents, i too decided to take the first step of having it captured for the blog!

Then I had used Bel Air Fragrance Green Tea to give fragrance around the house. I was given this by a friend who came to see me during my chemo days. I got hooked to them. Whenever i use them it always reminds me of the chemo days for a few seconds.

Since it was Sunday night, the celebration ended early. The weather to was very accommodating, although it was hot, it did not rain...thank god for that.I must say everyone had a good time. The baby got hugged and kissed by almost everyone. It was a great day.

No comments: