Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Mammogram cartoons


My…My!

I have not blogged for so long. Actually I have been very occupied lately. Firstly my department manager resigned and then my weekends are busy doing this, like any other Malaysians

During this period of silence, an email was forwarded to me on Mammograms. Although the message at the beginning was a reminder to have mammograms done but it was followed with some disgusting cartoons about ladies having their mammograms done. The cartoons were poking fun of women’s breasts after having the mammogram done...the different shapes and so on.

I personally was upset when I received it. For many those cartoons may have brought about smiles or laughter as they may be considered humorous. But to me it was totally distasteful, my colleagues too agreed with me. I not think the message to have mammograms done, would reach any one who reads them.

I also read an article which stated a research was done among women, where the study concluded that a diet extra heavy in fruit and vegetables was not better than one with the standard recommended amounts in preventing the recurrence of breast cancer. Well for me everything in moderation is important. Sometimes it is really difficult to follow the recommended diet, most probably being Asians our servings are less. Anyway I can’t eat much at night either. As I usually have my dinner before 8pm, I find stomach discomfort on the days that I have my dinner after 8pm.

Recently, I got inspired when an anonymous person left a message in my previous post and a friend of mine who got hold of “The Journey” said it was wonderful via sms. It was a great feeling after reading the succinct comments.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

For a Special Friend....
I never knew what wonders a friend can do..
Yes, surely they can change things around you into smiles, sunshine & Happiness...
Just the way you keep on doing always...

Anonymous said...

You have to be able to laugh at things....sometimes things that are serious. What is life without humor. I think your life experiences decide how you will perceive something. So perhaps for you, those cartoons showing women after a mammogram aren't funny. But I find them hilarious. I am a woman. But I think if I can't laugh at things like that that could potentially be difficult and humiliating (let's face it, getting a mamogram isn't that fun) then I am too serious and life is too short to be a serious person all the time. I just had to comment as I was actually searching the internet for those very cartoons you didn't appreciate. To each their own. But don't forget to find the humor. Laughter is supposed to be good for you.