Sunday, August 19, 2007

Relay for Life-Part 2

I know it has been almost two months...but i only had the time now to posts the Relay for Life pictures. Surprising i had an anonymous blog visitor who asked me about the photos and i thought i better get down to serious business of posting them.
Here they are...


Second day of the relay Sunday morning...I am with two of my friends (One of them a survivor and another volunteered all the way from Ipoh).




Some of the enthusiastic survivors who still looked fresh and energetic on Sunday morning.






We started walking under the drizzle. I am with my mother and Datin Dr Dharmalingam. They both were given rain coats and i went looking for an umbrella.




The crowd focused at the stage for the finale of the relay for life on Sunday morning. There was a sense of achievement and pride felt by the participants as they have contributed towards the success of the event.




Young and old participants continued walking on the track filled with so much energy. I take my hats off for all those senior participants! The sun was really hot that day.




These ladies are the Pink Challengers from the Breast Cancer Welfare Association. They are the adventurous women who continue to take part in dragon boat races. Hip- Hip Hurray for them!




Just before the start of the event on Saturday, the was a heavy down pour with thunder and lighting...but this did not damp the spirit of all those who were there. The merriment went on with dance and music while waiting for the sky to be cleared.




I snapped this photo of the stage at the end of event. Before this there were activities at all times on the stage, performance by the music bands or dancers....




The palm prints of the survivors who came that day. I cannot seem to spot mine. Ha...Ha! Mine and my mother's prints are somewhere on the cloth.




These are tents made available for participants to spent the night on the field. While some caught up with sleep, others joined the activites on the field.




Ha.. I found a picture where a volunteer helped me to press my palm hard on the cloth.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you finally we got to see those pictures. It's nice to see the smile on the faces of the survivors whom are very much energetic & more confident on their next step of life journey.

Great Blogger.. Keep up the smile.
We are here with you for all the moral support you need.

NK Valli said...

Hi Anonymous

I think your are a frequent visitor to my blog. Thank you for your words of encouragement.

Anonymous said...

Yes. I am very often visit your blog; infact i was in the relay function too. I would have been very happy if i had bring along my best friend unfortunately she had departure earlier with her brain tumor.

NK Valli said...

Hi Anonymous

I sorry the hear about your best friend. Hope you will continue to support we survivors.

Anonymous said...

Oh yes, sure.