Friday, October 05, 2007

Pledging Our Organs

I read in the newspaper on how a teenager who was kept alive by a mechanical heart received a new lease of life from the heart harvested from another teenager who died in a road accident.

I must take my hats off to the family of the organ donor, who in the time of this great loss, has generously donated their child’s organs and give lease of life to others.

I have always contemplated of donating my organs one day. I know I would not be able to donate my eyes because I already have a poor eye sight and was thinking of donating the rest of the organs. But now after breast cancer it has been decided for me…I cannot be an organ donor.

As more organs are needs, I hope more people will pledge their organs and after their death it is further hoped that their family will not object at the 11th hour when the organs need to be harvested.
Pledging our organ and allowing others to live is a magnanimous gift of life.

No comments: